These sweet and salty toasted pecans are easy to throw together and make an elegant snack or a wonderful hostess gift. We love them and make them often. The hot Country Sweet Sauce ads some extra zip and the flaky kosher salt and caramelized sugar coating will make your taste buds thank you for your efforts!
Yield: 1 Cup
- 1 C pecans
- ¼ C Sweet Country Sauce (hot)
- 1 T butter
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp white sugar
Preheat oven to 375 F
- Place the pecans in a bowl.
- Mix Sweet Country Sauce, butter and brown sugar together in a small saucepan on medium high heat until the butter melts and the mixture just comes to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Pour the sauce over the pecans and stir making sure to completely coat all of the pecans.
- Cover a small cookie sheet with tin foil and lightly oil the surface. Place the pecans on the cookie sheet making sure they are all separated.
- Mix the kosher salt and white sugar together then sprinkle this mixture on the pecans liberally.
- Place the pecans in the pre-heated oven and set a timer for five minutes. Keep a close eye on the pecans as they can go from being perfectly toasted to burnt very quickly.
- Let the pecans cool before handling. Keep them stored in an airtight container.