How to Cook Chicken in Mild Sauce
Have you thought about what’s for dinner tonight? Well, with our latest chicken in mild sauce recipe, you might just come to the right place. Below is our version of the perfect chicken dish, including the ingredients and instructions on how to cook chicken in mild sauce.
- chicken breasts (about two pounds)
- ½ cup flour
- salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme leaves or oregano leaves or basil leaves (optional)
- olive oil cooking spray
- One onion, chopped into large pieces—try more than one type of onion if you want even more flavor in your food! You could also mix in some peppers, garlic, and other veggies if you wish.
- Country Sweet’s Mild Sauce (14 ounces)
- Two cups water or chicken broth
- Ham slices for topping the meal if desired
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Have an oven-safe dish ready that will hold all the ingredients when cooked. Combine flour, salt, pepper, and dried herb of choice (if using).
Coat chicken breasts with this mixture on both sides by patting them gently with your fingertips until completely coated. Let it rest while you prepare a baking pan by spraying oil over it, so there is no need to use any other cooking spray before adding food items later!
Add onion pieces to the bottom of the casserole dish and top with chicken breasts, then Country Sweet’s sauce. Add water or broth to the mixture if you don’t prefer a thicker consistency for cooking your dish. Bake uncovered until done (20 minutes on 350 degrees F).
When it’s ready to come out, remember to add some extra sauce and ham slices on top and leave them to cool slightly. This will lead to a beautiful creamy, rich BBQ flavored chicken dish guaranteed to knock your friend’s and family’s shoes off.
Best Tips For Cooking Chicken
- Cook it over medium heat so that all of the juices are maintained, and no burning occurs.
- Don’t forget to season before cooking! That’s what will give the flavor back, something bland recipes often lack. Salt is one ingredient everyone should have at home; consider adding other spices like pepper or ground cumin (which is popular in North African and Middle Eastern dishes).
- The sauce you use can vary depending on your preference. You could go with a thicker sauce from Country Sweet; you can add something more acidic like salsa! Whatever you do, make sure to save some for topping after cooking, so it’s not only dry chicken without any flavor. However, we recommend you use Country Sweet’s Mild Sauce with this recipe for optimal results.
- Add ham slices if desired before baking for an added protein boost that also adds a tasty punch of flavor.
You can add vegetables to the dish also. However, it is often suggested to saute them before adding and giving a final stir to cook throughout for an even distribution of flavor!
The more you cook with chicken, the better it will turn out when done because you know what it’s like in general then learn what needs to be adjusted based on cooking preferences or other factors. So you’ll find yourself experimenting less and still coming up with tasty meals time after time as your knowledge grows.
This makes this recipe one for any occasion where people’s tastes may vary wildly-there won’t be many complaints about blandness if there is no such thing! So go ahead and get started today. The only limit now is your creativity!